We are expanding!
Come and join our highly successful team #TeamAldersley
Due to the success of our Academy we have been asked to increase our student numbers and therefore we have a number of exciting vacancies.
Why choose Aldersley High School?
Firstly, because our children are amazing! Last year they achieved a Progress 8 score of 0.51 which is well above average and puts us in the top 4 schools in the Black Country. We passionately believe in our Knowledge-rich curriculum and pre-planned curriculum lessons have reduced teacher planning time. Over many years we have proven that feedback is important to students but through adapting teaching and not arduous marking, hence we do not mark.
All of our staff have a coach that works with them throughout the year which negates formal lesson observations and onerous quality assurance and ensures that they have the CPD that they need for career progression.
Our conduct system is centrally managed and with a team of highly qualified non-teaching pastoral staff.
Graduates are welcome to apply and join either our two-year Graduate Teacher Training Programme or our PGCE route into Teach First.
Come and visit our school at any time and look at our plans for the new Amethyst Sixth Form building which will be ready for September 2019.
Amethyst Academies Trust
Job Title: IT Technician
Start Date: February 2020
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced IT Technician to join the IT department within the Amethyst Academies Trust.
The successful candidate will be based at Aldersley High School and will be required to provide support throughout the school.
- Install and configure new IT equipment.
- Provide hands- on technical support for all staff, student and guest users.
- Use the helpdesk to prioritise jobs to ensure that the school is running as it should.
- Maintain all functionality of the network.
- Administrate the email system for Aldersley, keeping data safe.
- Ensure that the cashless catering system works to allow all users to purchase their lunch.
- Work with the Amethyst Network Manager on projects that require your input.
- When required, run CPD sessions with staff in line with a schedule agreed by the Amethyst Network Manager so that the same sessions are carried out at other Amethyst Academy Trust schools.
- Keep an eye on stock, ensuring that the correct consumables are ordered via the Amethyst Network Manager.
- Maintain the school wireless so that connectivity is never a problem.
- Ensure that the schools internet filters are fit for purpose.
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies, to help implement future projects within the trust.
- Support the VoIP phone system supplied by the LA.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience in a range of Microsoft platforms such as Server 2016, Windows 10, office 365, Active Directory and Hyper-V.
- Excellent communications skills.
- The ability to investigate, diagnose and resolve LAN/WLAN/WAN issues.
- Experience of implementing and managing servers in a clustered Hyper-V virtualised environment.
- Knowledge on HP switch management, VLAN understanding is helpful.
- SIMs Management information system.
- This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and the appointment will be subject to satisfactory clearance.
Closing Date: 10th January 2020
- Interview w/c 13th January 2020
- Start Date: 24th February 2020