Pastoral Head of Year 7
Exciting Opportunity to join a growing West Midlands Trust.
This position comes at an exciting time for the Academy and the Trust in general: Aldersley High School is a growing school, currently full in year seven with an increased cohort of 210 Students and on the cusp of opening a brand new Sixth form Centre for its already established Key Stage Five. The Academy is designated a Good School by Ofsted (April 2018): recognised as a school which is led with passion and ambition to improve wider standards.
The Academy is looking to appoint a non-teaching Head of Year for year seven, who is both aspirational and enthusiastic about helping pupils achieve their potential. The successful candidate will help students both inside and outside of school, through activities and strategies enabling them to reach their full potential in becoming rounded and employable individuals enabling them to become increasingly valued members of their community. The successful candidate will work alongside an Achievement and Standards Leader to work proactively and responsively to address emerging and current concerns regarding students’ attitudes towards learning; thereby ensuring that they feel supported and challenged at every step and make fantastic progress in their academic studies. The position will also involve being an integral part of our transition programmes and the vital role of ensuring students joining the Academy are confident and enthusiastic about the start of their journey with us.
The Amethyst Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children attending the school. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
We are seeking candidates with:
- An understanding of, and an alignment with, our Trust’s vision
- High standards of professionalism
- An ability to create a culture within a year group of exceptionally high standards of self discipline and an enthusiasm for learning
- Drive, ambition, vision and resilience
- A commitment to, and a proven track record of, achieving high standards for students
- The ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to your professional development and career management
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and creative team.
- Supportive environment in which your talent and commitment will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a significant contribution to the Academy’s continued success and the life chances of the young people we serve.
Closing Date: 25th June 2018
There are currently no internal vacancies.