We write to inform you of vacancies that have arisen for 2 Parent Governors from both Moreton and Aldersley High School to join our regional governing body – The Amethyst Ambassadorial Committee.
This Committee is responsible for promoting and reviewing the vision of the Amethyst Academies Trust and working with both Schools within our Trust (Moreton School and Aldersley High School) to promote high standards and continual self-improvement, as we inspire students to become well rounded, employable individuals with a passion for life-long learning.
The Amethyst Ambassadorial Committee will ensure that the Trust’s vision is embedded and upheld across all schools within the Trust by building a thorough knowledge of the schools and the communities in which they serve. The committee will support and constructively challenging both schools, to ensure accountability and compliance. They will act as both a critical friend and a champion for all schools within the trust, alongside actively promoting the Trust, at school events, including Open days, Parents evenings, Christmas Fayres etc.
The Amethyst Ambassadorial Committee is made up of parent governors, staff governors, Trust Directors and a Committee Clerk.
All parents and guardians of children at either school are eligible to express an interest in the above governor role except,
- if s/he is an elected member of the local education authority; (local councillor)
- If s/he is under 18 years’ old
- have been disqualified from working with Children
- have been declared bankrupt
Please note, all appointments to the Amethyst Ambassadorial committee will be subject to Enhanced DBS checks.
The Trust expects governors to:
- attendthree termly meetings of the Amethyst Ambassadorial Committee (information regarding meeting times is outlined in the FAQ information sheet attached to this letter)
- If availability permits, sit on one additional committee and attend the meetings which are usuallyonce per term
- commit to attend training courses, as necessary.
In return, our governing body commits to:
- provide you with a structured induction
- provide access to quality training materials
- provide you with an experienced governor as mentor
If you are interested in applying to sit as a parent governor on the Ambassadorial Committee, please complete the attached expression of interest form and return to the school office, or alternatively email the completed form to email@example.com. The deadline for governor nomination forms is Friday 27th September at 5pm.
Please note that where we receive more nominations than the number of posts available, a ballot will be held. The committee clerk will advise individual candidates of this process should the need for a ballot arise.
We look forward to receiving governor nominations forms, and if you have any questions in regards to this matter, please contact Lauren Jones on 01902 556868
For more information and the application form please click the download button below, the document is in PDF format and can be read by most Internet browsers.
Mr J Inglis
Chair to the Trust Board.