The Art Department at Aldersley High School are proud that they have helped students to achieve excellent GCSE, AS and A2 Level results in their art and photography qualifications.
Within Art, 33.3% of students achieved the top grades of A/A*, a percentage which has risen from last year. 66.7% of students also achieved A-C grades in art with many students exceeding their target grades. In GCSE photography 85.7% of students achieved an A*-C grade. At KS5, 66.6% of students achieved A*-B grades.
Here is the vision and mission statement of the Creative Arts department:
‘Together we will support and challenge our pupils to become their most creative, imaginative and analytical selves through perseverance, refinement and reflection.’
All students will be given the opportunity, knowledge, skills and support to-
- Learn basic concepts and elements of Art and Design.
- Be enhanced intellectually by the history and style of the visual arts.
- Celebrate and respect works of art from global cultures.
- Create artwork that integrates emerging technologies as well as traditional techniques.
- Learn to analyse in a supportive and respectful manner the visual art works of others.
- Recognise visual arts as a continually evolving entity that incorporates many different media.
- Create pieces of art work that portray their emotions and personality.
- Learn the skills to apply the arts to all areas of their academic, personal and professional lives.
- Develop a growing appreciation of the artist, works of art and development of the arts in the community.
As proactive members of the Creative Arts department teaching staff we will-
- Nurture the growth of developing minds by providing opportunities to explore, invent, express, dream, reflect, and communicate in a stimulating environment that fosters critical thinking and celebrates diversity.
- Ensure that our school community continues to value and support the arts for both their uniqueness and their integral role in the education of all children.
- Provide art programmes with multiple opportunities for problem solving as students learn about art and through art. It is through art that students transfer learning across curricular areas, weaving meaning and relevancy to connect all subjects.
- Acknowledge multiple solutions as students discover, perceive and value their creative self, diverse cultures and their environment.
- Through the development of visual and cultural literacy, ensure our students are prepared to intelligently analyse and interpret their visual world.